Key messages to take away from this course:
- Don't assume patients are seeing a dentist on a regular basis.
- Provide oral examinations, appropriate risk assessment, patient education, and appropriate referral.
- Counsel on appropriate oral preventive practices.
- Assess the risk of caries and periodontal disease.
- Learn to identify tooth changes with aging.
- Collaboratively manage patients requiring antibiotic prophylaxis or anticoagulants.
- Learn to recognize, treat, and refer common oral lesions.