Front Line Health Workers Curriculum
The audience for this curriculum is Front Line Health Workers (FLHWs) who provide outreach, advocacy, patient education, care coordination, health care navigation, and social support for the communities they serve. This workforce includes community health workers and representatives, Promotores de Salud, health educators, case managers, care coordinators, public health workers, community health advocates, health advisors or advocates, patient navigators, outreach workers, family resource workers, peer health promoters, and others.
This curriculum is designed to engage FLHWs in a national movement to promote oral health and eradicate dental disease and is ideally presented sequentially. Each module can be presented in 45-60 minutes (minimum of 4 hours to complete the entire curriculum). Please consider downloading the accompanying Educator Handbook and Oral Health Resources document (links below) for your audience.
The presentations review the relationship between oral health and overall health, prevalence and impact of oral diseases, barriers to maintaining oral health, strategies to promote oral health equity, and opportunities to integrate oral health into FLHW practice.
These modules are a product of the vision and talent of Anita Glicken, MSW and members of the Smiles for Life Steering Committee. Lisa-Renee Holderby-Fox, LSWA contributed to the creation of the introductory module. Portions of this project were created in collaboration with Southwestern Connecticut AHEC, with funding support from the Connecticut Department of Public Health (CT DPH). Smiles for Life is grateful for these partners in this work.
- Click the appropriate link below
- If given the option, select "Save" (NOT "Open")
- Browse to choose desired location, and save file (some browsers may default to saving to the Downloads folder)
- The presentation is a PowerPoint slide show (.pps) which when opened will automatically display in presentation mode.
- To run the slide show, click on the file. Advance the slides using your mouse or the space bar. To exit slide show, click the ESC button.
- These presentations are locked and are not intended to be editable.
- PowerPoint presentations are only compatible with PC systems.
- A Mac compatible version of the presentation is available.