An avulsed tooth has been completely displaced or knocked out of its socket.
- Avulsed primary teeth are NOT re-implanted to prevent further injury to the developing successor tooth.
- Locate the tooth to ensure it is not:
- Take appropriate radiographs if aspiration is suspected.
- Refer patient to dentist in one day to one week.
Dental Care & Expected Outcome
- Dentist will take radiograph to ensure tooth not intruded and rule out injuries to adjacent teeth.
- Effect on permanent teeth cannot accurately be predicted.