All stages of Early Childhood Caries require treatment, including:
- Comprehensive dietary and oral hygiene counseling.
- Fluoride Varnish to arrest cavitated lesions and prevent development of new lesions.
- Urgent Dental Referral for Comprehensive Treatment.
- Some cavities can be restored using fluoride releasing restorative materials.
- Small lesions that do not require local anesthesia or high speed drills, can be stabilized using simplified restorative techniques.
- Severe disease may require extractions, fillings or root canals.